John Rumm

Michael Mcneil wrote:

Also the screws to be used are the black ones. Look for the words gyproc
on the box if they are zinc coated. They are not supposed to break the
paper, just press heavily into it. That means take care to set them
square on.

The ones I have are a black pasivated finish (Screwfix IIRC), bugal head
etc. Using one of the shrouded "dry walling" bits seems to work quite
well at setting the depth.

The boards are usually marked with the correct spacings for them. Use
the white face of the sheet.

Must admit I had not seen any markings on the boards I have (1/2" Knauf)
I will go have a closer look. I have been fixing on 400mm centres (i.e.
joist / stud spacing), and using three or four screws across the width
of the board. Doing the ceilings first - I might reduce the screw count
a bit for the walls.

--
Cheers,

John.