BigWallop

Default Alarm advice with cats in mind.

"PJO" wrote in message

As a matter of interest, how would you do that?
.andy

With a little skill and care, the proper tools and most importantly...
experience.

I think your both correct in the things you say, but an intruder is going to
attack if they want to, no matter how good your alarm system is. If you
have something in your house they want, they'll come in and try to get it.
If your want to put the most determined burglar off attacking your property,
then empty it of all the contents and leave the doors and windows open.
That way they think there's nothing there to steal.

A proper security system stops the would be opportunist from thinking of
attacking your property long before they even get to boundary. This is done
mostly by psychology in the use of signs and visible warning systems.
Lighting and sound puts most chancers off when they encroach into the
perimeter of your land, so they don't want to come in any further and
increase the chance of being caught or injured.

So you can put as much equipment in the house as you like, and wire it all
together properly or otherwise, and I still bet I can stop your property
from ever being a target in the first place with use of simple screw on
devices that look nasty to any would be intruder.