TURTLE

"Scott" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Thanks for all the advice, everyone. You're all an amazing font of
knowledge! It's all a lot clearer now -- including how old this furnace
might really be.

I might be moving in a year or two, so I don't know if I'll replace the
furnace despite that being the the most obvious and efficient long term
solution. However, out of curiosity, does anyone know the general price
range of upgrading a furnace?

Thanks again!
Scott

This is Turtle.

Now the price of a up grade of just a furnace. I'm in a """"" low income area of
the country / people with no money """"" USA and I would replace it for
$1,200.00 to $1,600.00 but it could be a whole lot more in other parts of the
country like where you live. Take a different part of the country and get this
same job done in Chaima, New Mexico and the price would be about $5,000.00 to
$5,400.00 for the nearest dealer in this area would be about 200 mile away. I
have a friend that has a cabin up there in the moutains and the bid for a job
just like your was the $5,400.00 . Warrenty would be done with a 400 mile round
trip with chains on your tires and snow and ice everywhere and you get paid
nothing for the trip and service call. If it was me i would want $10,000.00 for
that bid. So lest put the range at $1,200.00 to $5,400.00 .

My prices would be called the bottom of the barrel prices if the installation
was done correctly. Now you can check with a couple of hvac contractors in your
area and they can give you a ideal on cost of this job. Now remember your in one
country and I'm in another and prices very greatly.

Now gettin a New one. I think your catching on here.

TURTLE

---