Harry Bloomfield

Default Electric Shower tripping MCB

ripper wrote on Saturday (17/01/2004) :
I am only using the 9.5 kW as an example. If you want to be fussy, the
resistance will also change with temperature.
So go find yourself an ohms law calculator, type in 9500 Watts, 240 Volts
and tell us what the current is.
Then try it with 9500 Watts, 230 Volts and tell us what the current is.
I = P/V Yes? Well it did when I was at school.

You are working on the false assumption that the 9.5Kw will remain
constant irrespective of a change in voltage. It does not remain
constant, the only constant is the resistance, but even this is not
absolutely constant. As temperature rises, the resistance will also
rise very slightly.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)