N. Thornton

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...

When I moved into this house, I had a window in the kitchen changed for
one about 4 times the width. The original had a brick 'arch' as a lintel.

They simply smashed the whole lot out, not a prop in sight, before
installing the new lintel. So about 2/3rds of a 9" brick wall on the
ground floor of two totally unsupported until the lintel went in.

I was gutted, but they said they always do it this way...

and will continue to until one collapses on them, quite possibly
kiling everyone on site.

Regards, NT