Harry Bloomfield

Default Electric Shower tripping MCB

On 17/01/2004 ripper a wrote :
You are a little wrong here, the supply voltage is allowed to fluctuate
between +10% and -6%.
However, should your voltage be higher than the 230 Volts, the less current
your load will draw.
This is a simple application of ohms law. The higher the voltage the less
current the load will draw.
That aside, as I said earlier - your MCB is too small. 45 Amps is the
correct size for this shower.

WRONG!

The current drawn will INCREASE in proportion as the voltage rises. The
9.5Kw will be its rating at either 230v or 240v depending upon the
appliances age. As the voltage increases the current drawn will also
increase, as will the Kw.

The current (I) and Kw drawn will only be dependent upon the
resistance. The resistance (R) will stay approximately the same.

I= V/R

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)