ADC

I've had good experiences with Lowe's and HD. We must have some good
employees in my area of Texas. Never a problem returning anything, opened,
used, or even without a receipt.
"larrymoencurly" wrote in message
om...
"gfulton" wrote in message

this is the type of thing I constantly hear about Home
Depot. If you've got a Lowe's hardware around you, give
them a try. And, no, I don't work for them or own their
stock. Without a doubt the best company I've seen about
returns, but I don't try to abuse their policy. Which
you also didn't do at HD. I've had nothing but good
experiences with them. Good folks in my opinion.

I live near a Lowe's and a Home Depot in NW Phoenix, and the Home
Depot has been a lot better than the Lowe's. This Lowe's made pricing
mistakes the first four times I shopped there, but I thought it was
because of grand opening confusion, but since then they've made a
pricing mistake about every 5-6 visits, and their employees still
don't seem to be knowledgeable at all. As for returns, I've made only
two. One was for a pack of Dremel cutoff wheels that I didn't even
open (they were the thick ones, which don't last any longer than the
thin ones), but when they opened them to count them they dropped a few
and broke or lost some and tried to charge me for them. I asked for a
supervisor, but the first employee lied to him and said I had used
some of the product. I told him to take a look at the security tape
to see that their employee had opened the hermetically sealed package.
Another time, I returned some paint that had probably been mixed for
someone else because it was yellow instead of the brown I specified
(the dab of paint on the lid was brown), but they told me that I
couldn't return a custom-mixed color. (???) In each case I finally
did get a full refund, but I've never had such bad service, except at
Best Buy and CompUSA.