ripper

Default Electric Shower tripping MCB

Bob see my earlier post, I was not using the 9.5 kW as an assumption, merely
an example on using ohms law to calculate current at various voltages for a
fixed power rating.
Perhaps it might be worth pointing out that the resistance of the heating
element will also change with temperature.
So at what temperature do we calculate the current draw for a 9.5 kW shower?

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:31:34 UTC, "ripper"
wrote:

And just to put you all at ease, if you go here you will find a simple

ohms
law calculator.

Nothing wrong with Ohm's Law...I learned it many yaers ago.

BUT...your application is wrong because of your erroneous assumption
that power remains constant no matter what the applied voltage.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...