Lewis Campbell

You say you want to drill "a hole".

For this I would use a hole saw, turning slowly and cooled with oil.

If you want to drill a bunch of holes it might be worth investing in a
carbide tipped hole saw.

Stainless is bad about retaining heat and most drill presses turn too
fast for this size of hole.

Lewis.

SpamFree wrote in message . ..
I want to drill a 1.25" hole in a sheet of (probably) 12ga stainless
steel. I'm not sure of the grade but it's the type commonly used for
commercial (restaurant) range hoods and tables.

How do I go about this? Hole saw? Carbide tipped? 3/8 electric drill?
Do I need to use a drill press? Slow speed? High speed? Water cooled?
Oil?

TIA