Oscar_Lives

"Scott" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to reduce the
noise coming from my furnace. Usually there's some steady noise, making
it sound kind of like an old locomotive in the distance. Occasionally,
it sounds like it's banging around. When that happens I'll open
it up and give a little nudge to the motor/blower assembly until it's in
a spot where it doesn't rattle so badly. I'll have to do that maybe
once a month usually, but sometimes more.

I think my trying to describe it might confuse things, so I took some
pictures. It's an older furnace from an Ottawa company that I think no
longer exists called "Beach Foundry Limited." There's a service sticker
that has a tune up or something done in 1983, so it's at least that old.

Here are the pictures:
http://ca.geocities.com/cndscott808/furnace/

Short of replacing it, does something need to be oiled,
adjusted/lined-up, padded... ? to help keep it quiet?

Thanks,
Scott

You need to get rid of that old worn-out expensive piece of ****. It is
giving you 55% efficiency at best.