Greenspan

wrote
The contractor is trying to convince me that the the fiber glass ( ak
"fiber mesh concete" additive is my propose new concrete driveway is
as good as re-inforcing wire . I dout it but there is some aregument
maybe if the wire is not properly installed in the middle of the slab
on chairs etc. . More discussion is apreciated.

Find a new contractor. The fiberglass is not meant to replace wire. Wire is
put in so if/when the concrete cracks, it limits the movement of
heaving/separation of the concrete. The fiberglass can not do this.
Fiberglas reinforced concrete is not used to be a substitute for wire mesh,
except by contractors that short cut a job.

I've seen the fiber reinforced concrete cracked, the fiberglass just tears
apart. It is added for a precautionary measure to add strength to concrete.