TURTLE

"mstrhappygolucky" wrote in message
om...
I have central air where the outside fan failed to work a few weeks
ago. I replaced the Dual Capacitor last Saturday because it was
swollen and upon replacing it, it worked fine. NOW, I'm back to the
same symptoms: Inside fan works and the compressor hums but the
outside fan isn't working.

What could be causing this repeated failure? I'm wondering if the
appliance parts store gave me the right capacitor. I pulled out a GE
originally but the guy at the counter gave me a different brand.

Could it just be an incompatible capacitor or is there something that
could be causing capacitors to fail? What should I look for to
correct this from happening again?

Thanks for any advice!

GO TURTLE!

This is Turtle.

Well did the new capasitor work when you put it on the second time ?

Give me the Brand and Model number of the condenser You have .

Give me the origial capasitor size and the two replacement capasitor sizes. It
will look like this on the side of the capasitor. [ 35 / 5 uf 370 volt ]

About when was the condenser installed in years. 5 / 10 / / 15 / 20 years ago.

Let me get my crystal ball out here.

It's a Goodman / 2.5 ton / installed in about 1997 to 2000 year / and has not
been serviced since. How did I do ?

Give me the info above and I can take a look at it.

TURTLE

---