Mike Mitchell

Default What is type of gate?

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:48:45 +0100, "G&M"
wrote:

"MBQ" wrote in message
. com...
"G&M" wrote in message

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
What do you call a gate in the countryside where the gate itself
swings between two posts? One person at a time walks in and stands

in
the "V", swings the gate towards him, then the exit is clear to go

out
the other side.

F***ing pain in the ass gate ? At least you can get a sheep over a
stile
itself with a kick up the backside.

The whole point of these types of gate is to keep the animals in while
allowing people to kiss, sorry, pass.

Fine. But how do you think the animals get in there in the first

place.
If walkers would just shut the gates behind them, we wouldn't need these
things everywhere.

So they can get out the same way they came in.

As somebody else pointed out, local councils have a habit of installing
these things on their pathways, in summer of course, forgetting that it
isn't only walkers who use the paths. You come to move the animals and ...
oh ****, there's a FPITA gate in the way.

What is so hard about leading a dog through a kissing gate? I've seen
people do it many times.

MM