Greg O

Default Furnace/Hot water heater chimney vent question

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"Lisa Gardner" wrote

We want to remodel our kitchen, but a large 9" round chimney vent to
our roof connected to our furnace and hot water heater runs through
one of our cabinets, taking up a fair amount of space. In the
remodel, we are putting in a new wall to separate the kitchen area
from the dining area that is next to the existing chimney.

A handy friend of mine said that I could convert the round pipe to a
rectangle (3 x 10) that could run through the drywall.

Just make sure you have plenty of insurance on the house......

Insurance won't do any good when they find out the home owner installed
venting for their furnace that is not approved!
I can see it now, the insurance company: "Gee, your house burned down
because the furnace vent you just installed was not approved? Now you want
us to pay to build a new house? LOL!!"
Greg