John

Default central heating circuit diagrams

"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Darth Ai" wrote in
. uk:

Does anyone know of a good source of diagrams either on the internet
or elsewhere which will help me design my pipe circuits? I think I
understand what I need to do but seeing in a picture/diagram would be
worth a thousand words. I am especially puzzled or concerned to know
if I need to fit some kind of bypass system around the motorised valve
for either maintenance or summer running.

http://www.myson.ie/pdfs/dualchannel.pdf

Circuit diagrams on page 4

and

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm

Although they are specific makers the parts are so interchangeable this
should be all you need.

PS if you're changing things consider "S" plan - it's better.

You don't normally need a bypass, the pump and boiler are called by the
valve opening, and can't start if there's no water path through rads
and/or HW cylinder

If its a standard big lump of iron Rayburn then he WILL need to make
arrangements to dump heat from the unit when the heating is off and/or the
hot water is satisfied. Best advice is to consult AgaRayburn