Martin Angove

Default Mounting a consumer unit neatly

In message ,
Mike Clarke wrote:

[...]

My parents moved into a new house about 1958/9

[...]

The "ring" main was very minimal - 2
singles on a ground floor ring and 3 singles on 2 spurs. We didn't take
very long to extend the ring and that was all done with PVC.

My parents' house was built in about '67 and was mainly open-plan on the
ground floor with four bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs.

What has always astounded me is that the original compliment of sockets
for the ground floor was two in the kitchen and two in the living area.
The ground floor (including kitchen) is about 45sqm, so you can see just
how useful this is. The bedrooms had one socket each which isn't so bad,
but none on the landing or in the hall.

There were also two FCUs on the ground floor originally, as radials (I
think). These are now both sockets.

Hwyl!

M.

--