IMM

Default De Walt Tools

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

Nonsense. Read the threads here on this point. I also mention a

tradesman I
know who is quoted £200 to repair a 4kg Bosch SDS drill when new it is
around £270. In the same catalogue a similar Hitachi is cheaper. I know
which brand I would buy.

The fact is, unless it is something simple, like a switch, having power
tools repaired is dodgy financially.

When I recently burnt out my DW566, one phone call got me a replacement
armature for £26 all inc., delivered to my door the following day.

How much for the repair depot to do it? and how long do they keep it? Don't
say just a day as that rarely happens, unless they are slack.

Replacement was a matter of removing 8 screws, and took about 10 mins.
And that's without a manual/exploded diagram to look at. If I'd wanted
to look at a diagram, there is one on their website. But I didn't.

The armature is about the most difficult thing to replace, since it is
right at the centre of the tool.

They are "all" disposable items. May as
well go for PP Pro with the 3 yr no quibble guarantee, or Kress/Wickes

for
more substantial models who have similar guarantees.

But then you have a crappy user experience in the meantime.

Like yours as the armature keeps burning out. What a bum drill you picked
there.....and all that lolly too.