Sparks

Default Electrical Advice Please

"Philip" wrote in message
My problem is this - My iron trips the circuit breaker on the power side

of
the House fuse board. This is a relatively new iron definitely less than

6
months old. We purchased the new iron because the old iron was doing the
same thing. Until this week I suspected that the problem was linked to

the
wall socket, but 2 days ago the same thing happened while the iron was
plugged in to a socket in a different room.

My question is this - should I suspect that the new iron had developed a
short, or is the problem more likely to be related to the house power
circuits.

The new iron is a different make from the old one so its unlikely to be a
design fault in the iron.

Many thanks for reading this far.

Phil

We had the same problem with our tumble drier - it turned out the RCD (20
years old) was defective, and was tripping when a high current was taken (It
was rated at 100A/30mA, but was tripping at well below that)

If you can isolate the whole CO (If you have an isolator in between your CU
and your meter) then it is possible to change this yourself - however, if
you have any doubts to your ability in doing this, then it is time to call
an electrician!

If you go down the electrician route, make sure they have an RCD tester,
that way the can check it is actually faulty!

Sparks...