enuff

Default How to calculate RCD "size" ?

wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, enuff wrote:

The drier I have in mind is a proper commercial jobby from TLC...

Surely these are designed to go within reach of sinks etc?

Yup. Regs don't have an explicit distance limit for appliances from sinks,
just "be sensible" wording (i.e. don't put it where it's likely to get
regularly splashed if that'd be bad for safety). They are prescriptive
about minimum distance from nearest edge of bath or shower: need to be
out of arm's reach, specified as 60cm (two of our quaint English feet,
metricated ;-) But your electrician will know all about that.

Cheers - Stefek

Stefek

Thats what i thought, just thinking of the local McDonalds etc

I'm the poor s*d who's going to be putting the damn thing in! I'll just run
a 6mm earth from it and leave it ready to attach to an existing pipe. I
assume thants whats needed, if so I have a box of earth clamps.

Tony