Dan Cullimore

Default small salvage gloat

(David Hall) wrote in message . com...

(snip what's been seen)

As to the canoe, the redwood trim will
dent, but obviously will hold up to some abuse since it is regularly
used for decks and outdoor patio furniture - both of which see some
use, wear & tear. (snip some more)
Dave Hall

Just what I thought, Dave. I don't have pieces long enough to use for
rails (unless I wanted to scarph a bunch together, which I
don't--'course I could break down 'n' buy some, or hope for another
salvage blessing ). I was thinking some thwarts and maybe even the
breasthooks; they'd be striking in redwood, and wouldn't take many
hits. Clear glossy finish, with a old fashioned forest green hull.
God, it's pretty!

Dan