4-LOM

Default Woodburners and dry lining

ell, get teh stove in, light it, and nail a small piece of batten to the
hottest part of teh wall, and see if it chars. Then nail a bit of
plasterboard ovet the top and see what that does. If its obvious that
ist getting too hot, use multiboard. If necessary use sapcer strips
betwen the main board and the batten to increase insulation.

If it definitely IS too hot and I have to use multiboard, how should I
fix it? If I use metal screws or nails, won't these conduct the heat
right into the battens?

Also, what to do about joints? Where it meets the normal plasterboard
will necessarily be at a safe distance but there will almost certainly
be a corner join between 2 multiboards which is not at a safe
distance, so presumably joint tape is out. And if I don't seal it
somehow that could be an easy way for heat to get through and melt the
DPM. Aaarrghh! it's all so complicated...

Or am I just being paranoid?