Iceberg

Default Recaulking my shower?

The material between the shower base and bottom row of ceramic tile is most
likely grout. IMHO, the best course of action would be to remove the grout
and caulk the seam with "Tub and Tile Caulking". Don't use grout because in
time it will crack again. Removal of the grout can be accomplished fairly
easily with a "Stanley" or "General" scribe that has a 90 degree scribe on
one end and a straight scribe on the other end. Use the straight end of the
scribe to put additional fractures in the grout and use the 90 degree scribe
to pull the broken pieces of grout out of the seam.

"toller" wrote in message
My shower has tile walls and a fiberglass bottom. As far as I know (I

have
lived here 12 years) it has never been recaulked, and it is about time.

I started to remove the old caulk and found it is hard and grainy. Could

it
be grout rather than caulk? If it is grout, can I clean it up and put

caulk
over it? Or do I have to dig it out and regrout?
Or is it not grout?

The rest of the walls are in pretty good condition, it is only where the
base and the wall meet that are deteriorated.

Thanks.
Thanks.