Niall

Default Alarm advice with cats in mind.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:17:29 -0000, "PJO"
wrote:

In my experience pet proof detectors (sometimes called pet alley too) are a
waste of time. They offer minimal protection and should the pet venture any
higher than usual (up against a window for example) then you have a false
alarm.

I don't think these are the same ones. There was nothing in the
instructions for the ones I installed about positioning them with
regard to animals. The method of operation you describe does not rely
on the weight or size of the animal which is quoted in the spec.

In my installation one is aimed at a flight of stairs, no way the cat
could be on the stairs and not in range of the detector, yet it does
*not* set it off, but a human anywhere in range does.

--
Niall