Bob

Default Complex angle tenons on chair joinery

Mark,

Actually I have the Miller book and had referenced it a lot while I made my
test chair. However since I simplified the M/T on the test chair by
angleing the faces of the legs, I didn't have a need for the router jig. I
could easily make simple angle tenons with the table saw/dado. I had
forgotten about the compound angle discussion in the book and the router
jig.

It looks like I now need to decide whether I want to use a router jig for
compound angle tenons into perpendicular leg mortises, or loose tenons into
mortises angled to be in-line with the rails. Any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Remove NOSPAM from address to reply
"Mark Wells" wrote in message
link.net...
Get "Chairmaking and Design" by Jeff Miller. It's a very well written

book.
Basically the entire book is the answer to your question.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

My local library had it, so you might want to check there, also. It is

one
of the very few books that I read from the library and has very, very
seriously considered purchasing.

Mark