John Smith

Default Magicmitre

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...

How to make one - lots of design options, but heres one.
construct a small 4 sided box, with bottom top and 2 opposite sides,
from hefty wood, so it makes a square hoop. Drill hole in top and put
a coach bolt in it, threaded in the wood. Get or make a bevel. Now you
put your wood in the hoop shaped thing, clamp it using coach bolt and
bit of scrap wood, and saw. Make it as big or small as you like.

Regards, NT

Thanks NT - much appreciated.

With regard to the electric mitres... I have kinda steered clear of them as
they look pretty fierce looking tools to operate and, from what I can
gather, there appears to be numerous types on the market. How on earth do
you decide which one to go for and, from my POV, are they all suitable for
'corner' cutting?

John.