Alan

Default Above ground or below ground Oil tank?

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:01:25 -0400, "mike"
wrote:

Thanks for that info. I am in NY and my in-ground steel tank is going on
20 years now. I heard the average life span of a steel tank is 10 - 15
years. I also heard that no more in-ground tanks will be allowed in NYS.
Is the only alternative to an in-ground tank a basement tank (provided
you have a basement)?

wow, that sounds pretty short of a lifespan for a steel tank. (10 to 15
years).. i dont even know what kind of oil tank i have in the ground...i
bought the house last year......anyone know how to figure this info out?

There used to be an oil tank in the ground here that was abandoned
because of leaking and was only 8 years old at the time. Some others
nearby lasted over 20 years. Knowing the hassle and expense they have
caused for removal and decontamination, I would never put one
underground even if it were allowed and would never buy a house with
one in the ground.