Larry Jaques

Default OT- Black Boxes in Cars

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 06:36:21 GMT, (Dave Mundt) calmly
ranted:

Greetings and Salutations....

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:13:46 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Nearly everyone I know over the age of 40, pays from $450 to 1200 a
month for health insurance.

Figure that out for a years time, then multipy by however many years
you care to.

1.2k x 12 = $14.4k/yr x 25 = nearly 1/3 million dollars a head.
At 35 years, it's over HALF A MILLION.

It seems to me that, at least in THIS case, the insurance
companies are selling discipline.

No, they're selling a boatload of money to investors in their
firm while bending over their clients after being bent over by
the medical community who's being bent over by the legal comm.
As our friend Billary said "It takes a Village."

After all...say...the average
monthly premium is $825. If every one paying that much would put
that amount into short term bonds, say, and, feed back the earnings
into the account, I suspect that unless something pretty deadly
happens, in a few years, they would have enough cash on hand that
the cost of care would not be a concern.

Everyone SHOULD do that. Bank their money at the highest rate
and hope for the best. First investment: One herbal remedy book.
Second investment: Giving up sugar. Healthy people don't need
doctors, 'cept for accidents, so be more careful and self-treat
small problems. I clean and butterfly even deep slice wounds
instead of going to the hospital to get stitches. A little Tea
Tree oil and/or Bacitracin keeps infections away. Cost: $5/yr.

For kids, give 'em cod liver oil and watch how less frequently
they complain about a minor sore throat or try to get out of
going to school. (Disclaimer: Never married/no kids)

Of course, we can't do that because pretty much no one has
that level of discipline. And of course, I am ignoring the fact
that it seems amazingly easy these days to spend $2k or more a
month on drugs...which makes the $1000/month premium seem a bargain.

If I ever need $2k in drugs per month, take me out back and
shoot me. I need a new body!

Still...that is a boatload of cash to be giving away
with a fair chance it will never be seen again.

Too, too true! It's a scam.

-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --