The Natural Philosopher

Default Washing Machine Motor Tripping Mains RCD

Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:18:08 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Latest update. Stripped the motor down a bit and one of the brushes had
disintegrated.

Have a 7k armature to frame short on every segment of the rotor.

I think the bits of brush or summat have cause it to seize. maybe
overheat and burn through the insulation.

80 quid is best price I can find on this motor - type no 904/1158/08

CPC do armatures too.

Too much hassle.

Im up for a new motor.

Tried to clean it up - no joy. Its a permanent semi-short and I have
just today to fix it.

By the time I have faffed around and ordered new brushes and armature
and and and I might as well get a replacement, drop it in and get drunk. :-)