Gunner

Default OT- Black Boxes in Cars

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 06:36:21 GMT, (Dave Mundt) wrote:

Greetings and Salutations....

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:13:46 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On 11 Aug 2004 14:47:40 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Andy Asberry says...

450 each, per *year*? That's not bad.

Don't I wish it was yearly.

*A* *MONTH*!!?

Jim

Nearly everyone I know over the age of 40, pays from $450 to 1200 a
month for health insurance.

Figure that out for a years time, then multipy by however many years
you care to.

It seems to me that, at least in THIS case, the insurance
companies are selling discipline. After all...say...the average
monthly premium is $825. If every one paying that much would put
that amount into short term bonds, say, and, feed back the earnings
into the account, I suspect that unless something pretty deadly
happens, in a few years, they would have enough cash on hand that
the cost of care would not be a concern.
Of course, we can't do that because pretty much no one has
that level of discipline. And of course, I am ignoring the fact
that it seems amazingly easy these days to spend $2k or more a
month on drugs...which makes the $1000/month premium seem a bargain.
Still...that is a boatload of cash to be giving away
with a fair chance it will never be seen again.
Regards
Dave Mundt

Short term bonds? Dave...any idea of how many people simply cannot
come up with $825 a month, period? If its a toss up between rent and
food, or $825 in insurance..most will not take the well insured while
living in a refrigerator box route.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann