T i m

Default uPVC worries

On 11 Aug 2004 14:13:19 -0700, (Antony)
wrote:

When it came to the point of putting in the
main pane, which is big, about 1.2m x 1.5m, the fitter found the frame
was bowed upwards in the middle of the bottom part. He appeared not to
have cut the existing frame level or he shoved too much foam in
resulting in the upvc being forced up.

I'm no DG fitter (nor would want to be) but did help my mate fit 8
uPVC frames (including two dormers and one 45 deg bay) and *none* were
bent, bowed, out of plumb etc.

Why, because we took the time to do the right 'prep' (running the
angle grinder / bolster over high spots, playing with loads of
different shims, removing the frame several times till we got it right
etc), time most 'fitters' don't have or won't offer (low margins etc).

There is no reason why your DG bay frame should be 'bent / bowed' in
any direction .. I just hope you haven't made your final payment yet?

Yes, you could just leave it as is and turn your back on it but why
should you? If you had you car repaired and the boot lid was sticking
up at a funny angle you would take it back and get them to sort it
wouldn't you?

All the best ..

T i m