Mark and Kim Smith

Default Suggestions for construction or material types.

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

I need to make a "pedestal" or foot for a couch ( or three or four.)
The top will be 5" x 5", the sides concave down to 1.5" x 1.5", 5"
tall. I'm thinking, so far, a 5" x 5" piece of oak I can cut at 5"
and bandsaw the curves on all four sides ( but where to find a piece
that big. ) OR glue up four pieces to make the sides with a filler
piece inside and on top to take the weight of the couch and
occupants. The user will stain them himself so I need to come up with
the finish sanded product only, no finish.

Too hard of a question or is more explanation needed?