Maxprop

Default Apple

"Chuck" wrote in message

Not to dis the mesquite people, but there's simply nothing like the
aroma and flavor of apple-smoked ribs, chops, shoulder, sausage, etc.
Heck, if you try it and don't like it, you can always send the
leftovers (wood or meat!) to me. I try to use bigger pieces, more
like chips, than I do the shavings, because the chips and chunks last
longer in the fire.

Last Thanksgiving I slow-cooked a turkey on the old Weber kettle. Took
about three hours, and rather than throw chips or a foil bag of chips on the
coals, I put a waterlogged chunk of hickory on the grill adjacent to the
bird. The result was superb. A bit of smokey flavor, but mostly just a
rich hickory aroma and some flavor. I'm definitely going to try this with
apple this year.

Max