troubleinstore

Default uPVC worries

"Antony" wrote in message
om...
Just had a bad dream of a day with window fitters.

They've done a good job on most of the house but today did the
(90degree) bay window. When it came to the point of putting in the
main pane, which is big, about 1.2m x 1.5m, the fitter found the frame
was bowed upwards in the middle of the bottom part. He appeared not to
have cut the existing frame level or he shoved too much foam in
resulting in the upvc being forced up. The result was that the dg unit
was tight as a gnat's wotsit in the middle of the bottom horizontal
part of the frame and at the upper corners of the top frame - imagine
a pair of (( turned through 90 degrees for an exaggerated idea of it.
So much so that he had to bend at the top to stand a chance of getting
the bead in, during the course of which he put a crack in it.

I'm concerned. Am I right to fear that forcing a dg unit into a frame
will strain it and potentially weaken it early in its life? Should I
demand that they fix the issue of the flexed and cracked frame and
reinsert the dg unit before I pay them?

Of course I should. I know the answer already (having a good rant on
here can be very clarifying for the mind sometime), but any further
thoughts/observations on these sorry cowboys are welcome.

tia

Ants

As you say "Just had a bad dream of a day with window fitters" is it really
worth losing sleep over...?
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk