Edwin Pawlowski

Default Whirlpool Dryers: Design Flaw?

"Shirley Jones" wrote in message
om...
I have a Whirlpool dryer and the motor just went out for the second
time. I have a technician friend who says that these dryers, with the
lint screen down by the door, collect a lot of lint, and this wrecks
the motor.

So, I am wondering if this is a common problem for all of you out
there, and if this has caused you problems. After all, if this is
common, then you would wonder why Whirlpool doesn't do something about
it.

My 23 year old Maytag has the filter down by the door. No fires, original
motor.

An dryer can overheat if the filter is not cleaned after each use, plus it
wastes a lot of energy. I don't see where it is a flaw at all.
Ed