Leon

Default Shellac as a sealer/filler under latex paints?

"David" wrote in message
. ..
I am refinishing a dresser and I have painstakingly stripped old paint,
cleaned with mineral spirits to not raise the grain and then sanded with

60,
150 and then 220 grit. So now that I have used a latex sealer and two

coats
of latex paint I have noticed that the grain is raised after the paint has
been applied.

I am thinking that since water raises grain and the paint I used is
water-based. So the paint raised the grain?

Most likely

If this is true, what is recommended to prevent this? After sanding,

should
I put a coat of shellac or something like that and then prime and paint

over
that? Any advice would be appreciated!

You can apply the Shellac or you can lightly wet the freshly sanded surface
so that the grain will raise, "lightly" sand to remove the raised grain and
then apply your water based product.