Devils Advocate

Default buiding a deck question

Guys I am from Newfoundland Canada where we gets loads and loads of snow in
the winter. My door step is about 2' high from ground.
I am considering building it separate from the house and perhaps a few
inches below the door step. I am just unsure how to go if I attached to the
house, in terms of perventing damage to the house/door step/sill/ etc.

All your suggestions has been taken and thanks much.
If any other suggestions, I'd consider for sure.

Thanks
Newfy
"Mike D" wrote in message
Devils Advocate wrote:

I'm building a deck at the entrance of my rear door. My question is,

should
I attached deck to my house or not? Will it rot out house in anyway?

Should
the deck be detached but just really close?

What would you do and how?
thanks

Ground Level? How High off of the ground?