HA HA Budys Here

Default Above ground or below ground Oil tank?

From: "mike"

Thanks for that info. I am in NY and my in-ground steel tank is going on
20 years now. I heard the average life span of a steel tank is 10 - 15
years. I also heard that no more in-ground tanks will be allowed in NYS.
Is the only alternative to an in-ground tank a basement tank (provided
you have a basement)?

Sounds like something a tank-replacement salesman would say. IOW - it's a lie.
I switched to gas a couple of years ago, but my oil tank was removed after
being buried for 26 years and it looked brand new.

I believe you CAN bury a new fiberglass tank. And if you're going that route, I
would recommend you get a tank that can store 1200 gallons or more. Suffer that
little difference in price today, and buy your home heating oil for 1.25 a
gallon at the peak of summer wile the rest of the fools with 270 gallon tanks
fill up in the dead of winter for 2.75 a gallon.

wow, that sounds pretty short of a lifespan for a steel tank. (10 to 15
years).. i dont even know what kind of oil tank i have in the ground...i
bought the house last year......anyone know how to figure this info out?