mike

Default Above ground or below ground Oil tank?

Thanks for that info. I am in NY and my in-ground steel tank is going on
20 years now. I heard the average life span of a steel tank is 10 - 15
years. I also heard that no more in-ground tanks will be allowed in NYS.
Is the only alternative to an in-ground tank a basement tank (provided
you have a basement)?

wow, that sounds pretty short of a lifespan for a steel tank. (10 to 15
years).. i dont even know what kind of oil tank i have in the ground...i
bought the house last year......anyone know how to figure this info out?