ClaudCar

Default Home Gas Water Heater

because there are boxes and a washer in the garage. And as we all know - WH
only fail when one is: 1) out of town; 2) NEEDing a HOT shower; 3) stuff is
strewn on the garage floor for a project or sorting. I believe those are
corrollaries of Murphy's Law. :-0

Actually, the main reason is that I dislike having 50 gals of water
continuously being reheated and standing around, the waste of natural gas.
the tank (as found out from neighbor's heater (same age & complex) failure),
the tank has over 50 lbs of sediment in it. he had just bought unit and did
his routine (for him) annual heater maintenance - and the clean out valve
refused to close or drain the unit - just dribbled.
______________________
Claudia
Totus Tuus
"Jeff Cochran" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:18:19 GMT, "Claudia"
wrote:

since I have a 14 yr old water heater that is refusing to die in a manner
that will allow the home warranty to replace it - I have to replace it,
rather than risk inopportune failure.

You said it's in the garage, what would be an "inopportune failure"?
If it leaks on the garage floor, is that an issue? If so, you can add
a device that will shut the water off if the water heater leaks.

My point is, if it's working and hasn't died, why replace it?

Jeff