J. Clarke

Default What is coffe table height?

wrote:

I finally figured out that if I'd
bought an Aeron to begin with I'd have saved money, said "to Hell with it"
and called Herman Miller.

Still tho.....Id have to use an Aeron with a
traditional desk, right?

I mean can the Aeron actually fully "recline" say like
a dentist chair?

Wasn't suggesing an Aeron for your use, just a cautionary tale about the
Office Depot and Staples chairs. Difference between "good" and "cheap"
office chairs is that the "good" stuff seems to last forever--one case
where you really do get what you pay for. I've got a couple of Eero
Saarinen chairs from Knoll that are nearly as old as I am and still look
practically new. Got 'em for about 50 bucks a shot--one of the best ebay
deals I've ever gotten.

Want a comfortable chair to sit back and relax in, try an Ekornes Stressless
Chair.

As far as alignment of the display goes, yeah, you'll get a crick in your
neck if it's off-center more than just a little--been there, done that.

One of the OSHA recommendations is that the top of the monitor be at or just
below eye level--this is a good one if you are sitting upright in an office
chair--if you're in a recliner I suspect you want it positioned so that you
can look at it with your neck reasonably straight--this might mean having
it fairly high.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)