Fred Bloggs

Default Frost free / Auto defrost?

John Woodgate wrote:
I read in sci.electronics.design that Fred Bloggs
wrote (in ) about 'Frost free / Auto
defrost?', on Tue, 10 Aug 2004:

How cramped are the quarters in
that country anyway?

The floor plan of my bungalow is 40 ft by 20 ft. Individual rooms in
quite modest US houses are bigger than that.

I live in a 650 sq ft space and still have a 14 cu ft refrigerator, in
addition to every other appliance known to mankind. It feels bigger than
it sounds because of the cathedral ceilings, skylights, and floor plan.
This area is rightly pursuing high density housing in an attempt to
staunch the so-called urban sprawl and all the damaging and wasteful
aftermath associated with it. The 650 sq ft is quite large when you
consider that it is situated in a 20 acre park setting with two pools,
tennis courts, jogging trails, 24-hour fitness center, indoor handball
courts, private parking, sound barrier, immaculately maintained grounds
and infrastructure, and centrally located within urban neighborhood
requiring no travel whatsoever- not 1/2 mile direct from a choice of two
mega-supermarkets for example. It was either this place or a townhouse,
but when I took the tour, I was immediately sold on the efficiency of
the compactness- and fully intend to buy the place once I save up about
five million dollars.