Rich.Andrews

Default contactor or relay recommendation

The Real Andy .pearson@wayit_dot_com_dot_au_remove_the_obvious_ to_reply
wrote in :

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:07:07 -0000, "Rich.Andrews"
wrote:

I am looking for a contactor or relay that has the following

characteristics:

1) silent or nearly silent in operation.
2) Be able to handle 20 amps of current.
3) be available in a variety of coil voltages including 120VAC.
4) Cost no more than $30.00 each
5) Rated for continuous duty use.
6) Operable in any position.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lets see, you want a contactor that does everything and cost nothing,
yet you fail to supply any details of the load you are switching?

The load is a 120 VAC transformer. Having a variety of coil voltages
allows for flexibility in the early design stages. I figured a relay
would be cheaper and that $30.00 was a good figure. Maybe I should allow
two to three times my original dollar figure for the relay? Rarely would
it be switched while under full load.