George

Default Chicago Electric - Harbor Freight

(BUB 209) wrote in message ...
I'm tempted to take the bait and put out 40.00 for a Chicago Electric 14"
die grinder at Harbor Freight - 39.00. Has anybody here got any experience
dealing with these dudes? My mouth is watering for that giant box of
crackerjack the tool is coming in, unless I get some bad reviews here.

I have purchased a few things from Harbor Freight and I guess I would
summarize as you get what you pay for. For example I bought a biscuit
joiner for I thinkk $39 bucks. I used it successfully for many
projects until SWMBO sprung for a DeWalt, at which time I realized how
much better a quality tool was. Adjustments were easier. The base was
made of steel instead of plastic on the Chicago electric version.
That said, the Chicago unit did what it advertised.

I have also purchased some bar clamps. They work fine, but rust sooner
and are not as stiff as Jorgensen clamps. Again, you get what you pay
for, but sometimes a tool that does the job and we can afford is
better than a superior tool and not eating this week.

George