Tim Schubach

Default Bandsaw purchase

You may be looking at an 18" Jet bandsaw, but check out the resaw capacity.
I ended up with a 17" saw from Wilkey ( http://store.wilkemachinery.com/ ),
which has a higher resaw capacity, and have been very happy with it so far.

If you have some extra change laying around the house, check out the Laguna
( http://www.lagunatools.com/ ) line of bandsaws. Call them and they'll
send you a video. Nice machines, but kinda pricey for the everyday
woodworker.

wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:08:04 -0400, Clif wrote:

I am considering the purchase of an 18" bandsaw for both resawing and
cutting moderately sharp curves. Knowing I can get a Jet for $875,
does anyone have any other suggestions or comments?
Clif

I'd like to know where you can get an 18" jet bandsaw for 875.00? All
prices i've seen were 1199.00. You might want to check out:
http://www.wilkemachinery.com/