Trevor Jones

Default Clutch master cylinder rebuild kits?

Gunner wrote:

The hole looked exactly like somone fired a BB from the inside. Really
strange.

That sounds like the classic failure mode for plastic flex line. A
little kink or bend forms a bubble and blows out under pressure. Leaves
a dragged out bit of thin plastic around the hole. Looks like a bullet
hole, without an entry. Yech!

Any U-pick wreckers in your 'hood ? Around here I can figure on
spending about $8 for a clucth cylinder of any sort, from the places I
shop. If you go that way, grab a spare... :-)

I have been finding the parts dealers don't want to stock the nickel
and dime rebuild kits as much as they used to. I recently had to spend
about 45 minutes on the phone to find someone that would even admit that
I could get a clutch disc for my 86 B2000, without having to buy a
complete kit for $200. UAP NAPA has been good to me, in general.

Good luck!

Cheers
Trevor Jones