Larry Jaques

Default Clutch master cylinder rebuild kits?

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:46:23 GMT, Anthony
calmly ranted:

"Robin S." wrote in
m:

"Gunner" wrote in message
At this point I was screwed, so starting it in
gear, I drove back down the Grapevine , and the 40 odd miles to my
home, with no clutch.

For the standard-impaired... How do you drive without a clutch? I
understand it's not hard to shift up, but down? Or did you just stay
in 1st the whole way?

You match engine RPM to tranny (road) speed. Learned this years ago when
driving big trucks that had no synchro's. You didn't drive them with a
clutch. The clutch was only for stopping/starting.

Dad, who learned how to drive before they HAD synchros in
trannies, taught that to me when I had my old Corvair. I'd
amaze friends when I drove around town, up/down-shifting the
whole time without the clutch except at stop signs/lights.
Poor Robin has led a sheltered life.

Another thing I learned with that Corvair is that I could
shut the key off just before coming up on some friend, then
turn it back on just as I go to them. The glasspacks would
be full of gas and the ignition switch would light it. It
sounded like a cherry bomb went off right next to them. I
stopped that practice when one guy threw a rock at me for
scaring him. Ahh, the charm of youth!

Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications