Ed Huntress

Default OT - Workers Compensation Idiocy

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
I'm in Texas

Sunday, a week ago, an employee called to say he had hurt his back at
work ten days earlier. I told him he could go to any doctor. He went
to the ER at a reputable hospital. Their diagnosis: hemorrhoids! They
sent him home with the appropriate ointment and pain medication and
told him to see his family doctor on Monday.

Still convinced he had a back problem, he went to a chiropractor on
Monday. Surprise,surprise, the x-rays and MRIs confirmed he had a
"twisted" spine. Limo picks him up every day (he has a car and his
wife drives) and carries him to therapy (electronic muscle
stimulation).

His hemorrhoids you ask? According to the workers compensation
statutes, his first medical provider must refer him to any other
doctors. Which ten days later hasn't happened, even after it ruptured.

I'm barred from telling him which doctors to see. I understand that.
I'm not qualified. But a health professional who is not qualified to
treat a condition should disqualify himself.

The system is broke when quacks are allowed to syphon off money that
is intended to ease suffering and repair bodies.

What is it like in other states?

If they can't work, we just shoot 'em and throw them in the swamp with Jimmy
Hoffa, here in New Jersey.

Ed Huntress