CJT

Default contactor or relay recommendation

Rich.Andrews wrote:

I am looking for a contactor or relay that has the following characteristics:

1) silent or nearly silent in operation.
2) Be able to handle 20 amps of current.
3) be available in a variety of coil voltages including 120VAC.
4) Cost no more than $30.00 each
5) Rated for continuous duty use.
6) Operable in any position.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

What's the "variety of coil voltages" requirement about? Are you
having trouble picking a voltage?

Without (3), I'd suggest you visit your local HVAC supply store.

Or browse the Digikey catalog (although it might be hard to figure
out which ones are quiet from what's there).

I'm surprised you don't say what contact configuration you want --
that seems pretty important.