barry martin

Default Carpet Repair

PV:

P The stairs in my home are covered in carpet. On the landing, my cat
P has pulled the carpet fibers out, leaving a nice 3 inch by 3 inch bare
P spot. I do have a remnant of carpet from when it was installed 4
P years ago. There may be a slight color difference; carpet that has
P never seen the light of day vs carpet that is in a highly trafficked
P area.
P I'd like to cut out the bare spot and replace it with a section from
P the remnant. Any suggestions on repairing this? How do I make sure
P the cat doesn't pull the patch up; he's pretty strong? I'll be
P selling the house within 1 year and this is the only trouble spot in
P regards to the carpet.

I would be inclined to replace the entire landing with the remnant,
rather than just the 3x3" damaged area. As you indicated, the new
carpet will be a somewhat different colour than the old because of
fading and wear. There is also fiber orientation: carpet will look
darker (or lighter!) one way than the other. Not to mention it's
probably going to be a lot easier to hold in a big piece than a small
piece. Be sure to do over the stair edge and tack underneath.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* RAISIN: Grape with a sunburn.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *