IMM

Default Fitting a water metre?

"Steve and Stephanie" wrote in message

I don't know if our pressure is right or not. My bathroom stand alone

shower
which is pressure controlled (whatever that is) will not work now. Pre

meter
days it did.
What has got me thinking is the tale of the central heating rep who was
insistant that the pipe work will have been changed to narrower ones and

so
reducing pressure.
We also have a 'knocking' noise which only appeared after the change over
and dispite the water board coming out to look at it have never cured it.
One thing I do know, I tried the meter for six months and it cost more

money
for that period than the half year cost of a none meter period.
So all in all it was not a good idea to change over.

I did phone United up this afternoon, I need to conduct a scientific test.
Can I fill a 2 gallon bucket in under a minute from the first cold tap in
the house. Didn't know I was on its a knockout.
Job for tomorrow.
Thanks for the comments.

As a matter of course, meter or not, you should have a full bore stop cock.
If one is not there, get one. The new installation may be disturbed slime
and debris in the pipework and crap has lodged itself around the water
system. Does the kitchen tap appear any different?